Friday, September 21, 2012

Handcraft Your Life!



I'm sure that many of you, if not all of you, have had the same thought that I have had at times, "If I could do it all over again...".
For me, this comes at times when I am having some regret about how things have turned out. You know as well as I do that this is a dangerous place to dwell in your thoughts.  Although it is normal, and even healthy to have these moments of reflection, it can lead to depression if you're not careful. 

Today though, I thought to myself, "What if I could do it all over again?  Actually, I can do it all over again.  Every day is an opportunity to do it again."  I heard the words, "Handcraft Your Life".  I wondered what kind of life I would have if I handcrafted it.  To be honest, the life I'm living now is the life I've handcrafted up to this point.  Not long ago God told me that I have more power than I have been exercising.  My life today doesn't reflect the power I have but the limitations I've lived under. 

"Write the Vision and make it plain."
I'm going to take some time and write out the life I want.  I'm not talking about going against the will of God or living outside of His purpose for my life.  The thing about growing in God is that at some point in your life, after having walked with Him and learned so much from Him, about Him and about yourself, you find that your desires tend to more often line up with His will for you.  I've heard people pray, "Not my will but thine be done".  One way to know that I am maturing  is when my will lines up with His, so I can really pray for my will to be done because my will is no different than His will for me.

In this handcrafted life, what is my behavior like?   What kinds of decisions will I make?  Will I be bolder, more compassionate, more sensitive, less sensitive?  Will I procrastinate or will I become more assertive and confident in the power that God has given me?  What will I be doing within the next few months?  Will I have even taken that much needed vacation, even if it's just a 2 day trip a couple hundred miles away? Will I continue to eat the same kinds of foods? Will I  push myself harder in workouts? 

This awesome power that needs to be put to good use can help me to build my life again from the ground up.  With every breath we should be reminded that we still have time.  But with every breath we should also be reminded that a piece of time just passed that will never return, so it is important to get moving.

Would you like to join me?  I'm not suggesting that you give yourself a timeframe, because the real timeframe has already been set.  It's not next week, or this time next year, or the end of the month, or by your next birthday.  It is the entire rest of your life!  However long that is, it is still, from this very moment,  an entire lifetime for each of us.

We've heard it said, "If you don't like your life, change it".  It really is that simple.  If you don't like the life you have, handcraft another one.  Build another one.  Sit down and write out a plan, your desires, and your dreams. Open your mouth and speak it into the atmosphere.  No matter how you feel, don't speak anything negative over your life from this moment on. I have been doing this and I promise you it works! You really do feel and even think better when you talk better.  Death and life really are in the power of your tongue and you will eat the fruit of what you speak.  It's better to be completely silent than to speak negativity into your own life. Take that deep breath, give yourself that little pep talk, and take that step outside of your comfort zone into the life that is waiting for you. Whether it be ministry, parenting, education, fitness and health, relationship, business, creativity, anything you desire.  (If you're like me, it's all of the above!) You were created by the Creator to create!  The only deadline you have is the day you die.  Up until that moment, you can do all that God has given you power to do.  So would you join me?  Let's get busy creating, building, handcrafting that bigger better life we desire!



No comments:

Post a Comment