Saturday, August 25, 2012

No Sorrow With It

"The blessing of the Lord maketh rich and addeth no sorrow with it. " Proverbs 10:22

Just praising God this morning for how completely He blesses us. I'm still enjoying every minute of my new car Max. After I got him home I noticed a few things that weren't pointed out to me at the dealership.  
1.) He has remote start.  So cool.  One thing that makes it so cool is that when I didn't have a car and was riding with my friend Michael, I noticed he had remote start on his car.  I remember saying to him that will come in handy in the winter months and it would be nice to have that on my car (eventually). Then the next day I saw this funny button on my remote and it turns out it was remote start. And it works!
2.) He has tinted windows.  That's not the biggest deal in the world but it sure makes him look cool!
3.) The Lord has already laid it on the hearts of 3 people to fill my tank.  Who does that in day when gas is over 3.00 a gallon?  God does, that's who! 

Today it just made me say, "Wow God, You thought of EVERYTHING!"

Even when I moved to the KCMO side from KCK, God thought of everything.  It was a hard move, especially emotionally, and especially on my baby girl, who refused to make friends when we moved over here. Because it hurts her so much to attach and detach.  (that broke my heart).  But this move, though it was the most painful and difficult, was the best of all.  God placed me right around the corner from my new job. (I had been out of steady work for 3 1/2 years.) He knew I would need to walk to work some days because the car I had just bought blew a head gasket after only 3 months.  If I had moved to another place in KCK I would have wound up losing the job the Lord had just blessed me with.  He suffered us to be inconvenienced and uncomfortable in order to put us where we needed to be.  Because He placed me where He did, I could walk to work within 15 minutes, and who doesn't need a good 15 minute walk in the morning? 

But even better than that, because I did live so close to work, I didn't have to walk to work but about 4 days in 3 months because my friends at work picked me up and brought me home.  I live so close it wasn't out of the way for any of them.
Another plus of me living here was that a friend from my church Michael, lives in the same complex so there was our ride to and from church.  My first desire was to live in another complex around the corner directly across the street from work, but when I got there I hated the cabinets and came around here instead.  Right where I needed to be, so my friend could come out of his place and turn a corner in the complex and be at my front door to take us to church.  Yes it was a hard move at first, but God placed us right where we needed to be.

I'm reminded of 3 months ago when I knew I would be buying another car.  I prayed to God and said, "Lord, I want you to show me what You can do for me for 15 thousand dollars. That's my limit.  I know I could go find something but I believe you can bless me better.  So SHOW ME WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU CAN BLESS ME WITH FOR 15K DOLLARS."  And boy did He show me!  Max is like a brand new car! I wouldn't be happier if he was brand new because I know God picked him out for me.

Not only did He show me how He can bless me, but He showed me that when He blesses, He does it completely.  He thinks of everything!  It's really true what the song says, "While you're trying to figure it out, God's already worked it out".

And it really makes me think of how much happier my life would be if I invited God into ALL of my decision making. Yes there are times when He will tell you to do what you want, because He knows He has grown you to a point where your decisions can be trusted.  But when you're limited or dealing with something you don't have a lot, or much, or any knowledge about, the best thing to do is ask the Lord to lead you to the best deal, price, person, place, etc.  He loves showing up and out for us.  He loves showing us that He's interested in every area of our lives.  He loves showing us how smart He is. He loves making us smile! :-)

Take a moment to look at your life and see what areas you can look at and say, "Wow God, You thought of EVERYTHING!"  

And if you really can't find an area that will make you say that, I encourage you to go to Him for the next thing you need to be done and leave it in His lap and ask Him to show you how He can fix it or bring it about.  I think you will be in for a mind blowing blessing, and cheeks sore from smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment